The list of basic principles of international law which have to be dealt with is long. The amount of legal literature is extensive and interpretations differ widely. The political players in the field are numerous and the whole proces does not show up until now satisfying results.
- List of some topics and keywords:
- Constitutional law of the SFRY, later FRY and the status of Kosovo as an Autonomous Province
- EU Conference on Yugoslavia
- Arbitration Commission/ Badinter Commission
- Uti possidetis
- Recognition of States, constitutive or declaratory
- Use of Force
- Humanitarian Intervention
We must exercise some patience until the wise judges of the ICJ give their opinion. In the meantime there is some reading to do.